Tuesday, November 18, 2008

A way to increase lucid dreams, from Paul Brunton the philosopher

I remember the day I had my first lucid dream... I was actually shocked recently when I remembered about the incident back in around year 2003. Because of the ease with which I have achieved lucidity back then.

Even though I haven't read much about lucid dreams or even had no access to the Internet, the lucid dreaming experience came within 3 days, after I read (an practiced!) an interesting technique in a book that was not related to lucid dreaming.

It was non other than the book named "Wisdom Of The Overself" by Paul Brunton, a European philosopher. Who talked about meditation, religion etc.

His technique was simple. When one gets onto bed at night, he asks to close the eyes as we would normally do and to relax the whole body (usual stuff). We should try to calm our minds and think of the day's incidents in sequential order...

The only thing I don't remember is whether he asked to go through the events in reverse order or to start from morning and come upto the moment we got onto bed.

I will update if I get to know that bit soon, if I get my hands on that book again (I couldn't find the book where I live... I used to read the book in a public library back then)

Anyway, in summary, when I had little experience in reading about stuff like lucid dreaming and astral projection, his technique yeilded results within 3 days. That was the amazing fact I remember. But please remember that he is not a lucid dreaming or astral projection guru.

Happy dreaming...

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you thing?... Share your experiences too!