Wednesday, December 3, 2008

"Waking Life" the movie about dreams and lucid dreams

I happen to watch a movie about dreams after a long long time... actually it was after "The Matrix". This isn't an action movie though.

"Waking Life" tells the story of a young man who drifts in an out of a cycle of dreams, trying hard to wake up for real... he is so frustrated because he could not wake up breaking the chain of dreams and lucid dreams.

But hey, if it was me, I will never want to wake up from a lucid dream... It's a dream of everyone to have lucid dreams continuously like that ;-)

It addresses philosophical ideas in depth too... And this movie launched or brought back the desire to have lucid dreams back in me. So I recommend this to every lucid dreaming enthusiast.

What's more, I discovered a new musician (new to me)... Guy Forsyth, from this movie (yes he plays as a dream character in a scene too). I really liked the way he played the Mandolin, or some instrument like that :-) in the movie scene while talking about dreams with the movie's main character.

The video editing is so cool. They have used a technique that makes the whole movie look almost like a dream.

There was a scene where the main character meets a hot girl, and they start kissing... And I thought, well, this is a lucid dream and he is going to make love to her, but he wakes up in the middle of the kiss, as it happens to all of us ;-) God only knows why we tend to snap out of a lucid dream and wake up suddenly when we are excited seeing a hot girl in a lucid dream ;-)

Anyway, this is a cool movie, that every 'dreamer' should watch.

Happy dreaming.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you thing?... Share your experiences too!