Monday, December 15, 2008

Total Lucidity, after a long time, using the sleep/wake/sleep method...

I must shoot myself for not using the sleep/wake/sleep technique all this while. I have used it once successfully and out of ignorance I haven't used it for more a year and have been worrying about not becoming lucid!

The technique was named sleep/wake/sleep or the nap technique (which I found somewhere online). Because one should wake up from sleep, stay awake for a little while and go back to sleep for this method to work. It works great for me. But I feel sleepy at office the next day :-)

So here's what happened...

I was reading about lucid dreaming from Friday and was having a great desire to become lucid. I set the alarm for 3 am yesterday, but after feeling 'lazy' deactivated the alarm before going to bed!.

But fortunately, I woke up feeling something crawling under my back... freaked out. It was a big, black ant! (it was 03:36 am) Since I woke up, I went and had a glass of water and went to the washroom. Once I'm back in bed, I fired up the browser in my mobile phone and read an article about lucid dreaming. When it was almost 20 minutes since I woke up, I switched the light off and went back to sleep.

I started telling myself "I will be aware when I am dreaming...". And (this is the important part) I look for images building up... that is, I just look in the darkness behind my eyelids while i fall asleep for any images I start seeing. Once I start seeing, I try to imagine/project something or some place I want to see in my dream... since I am watching very carefully and because I am reminding myself to be aware when I am dreaming, it happens! I became lucid. 3 or 4 times as I remember. I go straight into a lucid dream.

This is the 1st time, I had some dream characters in the dream.

I was walking on the road when the 1st dream started, I saw a girl walking ahead of me (well, what else a guy needs in a lucid dream lol ). Wearing slacks and a short-sleeved shirt. I looked back and saw a guy walking too. He was the brother of that girl. But who cares, since this is a lucid dream, I went closer to her boldly and started talking to her while walking beside her. I was asking some questions and she was answering me (which I don't remember). I touch her slowly to feel her skin, she blushes, but keeps communicating with me. I feel her buttocks with my hands too. My heart was racing. When I looked back, the brother of the girl was approaching us fast with a frowning face... uh oh! He came closer and pinched me hard on my back. lol.

But I didn't want to hurt him. I am not the type of guy who would go and touch a girl on the road or hit a guy (though I touched a girl in a lucid dream ;-) ). So what I did was, took hold of his hand, lifted him up spin once and threw him over my head (while wishing he should land safely). It was a playground to which he was thrown... so I watched him land in slow-motion as I wished. He too enjoys the 'landing'. He smiles and walks away :-) He didn't bother us after that. I woke up though.

But again I induced a dream the same way, wishing to be in the same place with the girl and it happened. Though she was wearing a different dress and the place looked a little bit different. I took hold of her hand and we ran fast together, giggling... it was fun. And I stopped in a hill and looked at her... she came close to me and we kissed. The 1st kiss in a lucid dream. It felt so real that I could feel my erection in bed (the physical one I mean), while I am in the dream. We walked a couple of steps ahead and I lost the dream again. I couldn't enter it after that.

But I had another lucid dream in another place for a brief period, where I was in a room and wanted to get out of it to try some flying. But my uncle was there in the room and was talking to me. Because I wanted to get out of the room I 'wish' my phone must ring... and it happens! So I excuse him and get out of there (how nice it would be if these things would work in the physical world too... lol). Once I am outside, I start levitating... I feel the cool breeze when I rise up slowly, while gazing at the stars in the sky... but it didn't last for a long time. I woke up.

After that I found it very difficult to sleep, let alone become lucid. So it was the end of a nice session of lucid dreams, after a very long period. I guess I would be lucid more often hereafter. Because my mind is now set in it. Got to control the urge to see women in the dreams though, cos' I am missing out on seeing great landscapes and other interesting things that are only accessible in lucid dreams.

The day at office was a sleepy one for me. Some good portion of sleep is lost because of this technique I guess.

Happy dreaming.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you thing?... Share your experiences too!